It's that time of year folks and, sadly, we are moving into our Fall Hours. Beginning Saturday, October 1, we will be open Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our last day of business for 2011 (sniff) will be Sunday, October 30. Retail We would love to end this year with every single bike we have in stock finding a home. So we are slashing prices, etc. etc. Here's what we got on the floor:
- 2011 Origin 8 Cutler single-speed in 52 and 56 cm for $250;
- 2011 Origin 8 Cutler 7 in 56 cm for $280;
- 2011 Origin 8 Brutus with a flip-flop hub (single-speed OR fixie) and fattie tires (700x40cm) in 54 cm for $450;
- 2011 46 cm Kona Dew aluminum hybrid for $399;
- 2011 22 in Kona Smoke hybrid for $360;
- 2010 cyclocross Kona Jake 58 cm for $699; and
- 2010 Kona AfricaBike single-speed cruiser for $299.
Remember, each and every bike purchased from the Wheelhouse is entitled to a free tuneup with no expiration date!
One last shopping enticement: Our entire stock of helmets is 20% off. We carry Giro, Bell, Lazer and ProTech in traditional cycling styles as well as BMX. We have kids' helmets too!
Service If you've ridden your bike hard this season, it might be a good idea to get a tuneup before it starts sitting. Just sayin'.
Last Month of Tours There are a few spots remaining on tonight's Tuesday Eastern Market tour (special food truck edition!) as well as the following through the rest of the month: Green Water Infrastructure with the Sierra Club 10/2, Architecture 10/8, Urban Agriculture 10/9, Murals of Southwest Detroit 10/9, Delray 10/22, Auto Heritage 10/23 and Masters Series: Palmer Park 10/29. Don't delay, head to wheelhousedetroit.com/tours to reserve your spot today!
What's up for October Fall is such a great time for riding, so hope to see you around town at one of these great rides!
- Tuesday, October 11 is Fender Bender's third Full Moon Bike Ride. Meet at Roosevelt Park at 9 p.m. for a chill ride in the night light;
- October 15 at 9 a.m., the Detroit Institute of Arts is hosting an Inside-Out ride that will showcase the Museum's masterworks that have been reproduced and are on display in Eastern Market, the Dequindre Cut and the RiverWalk;
- The Third Annual Mad Anthony Cyclocross will hit Fort Wayne on October 22; and
- Last but not least, our friends at Bikes & Murder continue their Slow Roll to Slow Jams each and every Monday night, leaving from Woodbridge Pub at 7:30 p.m.
Our final maintenance class with Fender Bender is tomorrow night, September 28. You'll learn about basic maintenance and commuter safety and you'll walk away with a patch kit -- and knowledge! -- for just $5. It starts at 6 p.m. and runs for two hours.
Thank you for making our fourth year our best year yet. Hope to see you this month!
Thanks, Your Friends at Wheelhouse Detroit